What We Do
The work of the BVSSC in the Boulder Valley School District:
• Fosters a safe school climate for LGBTIQ students, staff, and parents
• Advocates for LGBTIQ students, staff, and parents who are targets of harassment or discrimination
• Advises the superintendent on LGBTIQ issues
• Trains teachers, administrators, and parents to create a safe school climate for the LGBTIQ population
• Promotes the use of the resource guide Everyone Counts in elementary, middle, and high schools
• Supports the nondiscrimination policy
• Supports Gay/Straight Alliances (GSAs)
• Networks with local, state, and national groups who share our concerns
Our regularly scheduled meetings are on the first Tuesday of every month except June and July. We meet from 4:00 to 5:30 pm at the Education Center at 6500 Arapahoe, Boulder. The meetings are open to anyone who is interested in contributing to the success of our mission. If you would like to attend a meeting, but want to know more about us or about the meetings before you come, please feel free to contact Anne Guilfoile at 303-494-8171.
We welcome your interest and your input!